Friday, October 17, 2008

Joseph falls down

Not too bad.  He was going to practice, about 4 or 5 miles from the house, on a Sunday afternoon.  He says he was just looking down at his speedometer and his hand slipped off the bars and he went tumbling (note to self, adjust Joseph's bars).  Fortunately he wasn't near any traffic, he was on a trail.  A paved bike trail.  Some road rash, a cracked helmet, and lots of stickers that necessitated some benadryl.  I was also named "Not-Dad of the Year," because I was waiting for him at practice and left my phone in the car while talking to folks.  Then I never called until after the POLICEMAN gave Joseph a ride home.  Nope, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but some folks do refer to me as a "tool" often.

He's much better now, and the only damage to his bike is a scuffed up pedal.  I'll get him back on the bike next week.  And this time I'll be riding with him.

No comments: