Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting

Looks like Obama is going to win this one. Yuck. Not that I liked McCain any, but at least he wasn't intrinsically evil in a truly monstrous way. We need to pray hard and talk to our legislators about FOCA now.

And it's still Tuesday afternoon, but Ken Brimer will probably win as well. He's a local TX State Senator who opposed a 3-foot while passing a cyclist rule a couple of years ago. Actually, he's opposed it each time it comes up. Last year he proposed an amendment (that passed) that would have emasculated the bill, then he voted against it. Not on my Christmas Card list, and I can't vote against him as I'm in a different State Senate district.

NOTE: Ken Brimer lost. He was the only incumbent State Senator that lost his seat in TX. I'm kind of glad in that there's a higher chance that three-foot passing law will be passed. I don't wish him ill necessarily. Although Wendy Davis did make him out to be a scum bag with her negative ads. And his TV image of "I'm a really nice, confidant Texan" didn't jive with his continued attempts to have her thrown out for legal technicalities. Feh. I hope he has a long and happy retirement from public service. And never comes near me on my bike. I don't trust him.

3 comments:

Kevin3NF said...

Brimer lost. I'm rarely single-issue, and not in his district but I'm glad he lost.

bullschuck said...

Yup. I saw that this morning after I posted this yesterday. He's the only incumbent State Senator that didn't win. OK, that was gloating. I have to go pray about that.

Dane said...

Hay, I just wanted to thank you for taking a moment to report a problem with my iTunes RSS feed on my site at http://DivineOffice.org.

We have created several Wordpress plugins to automatically schedule the various components of Liturgy of the Hours. These plugins examine tags on each of my posts to display the prayer in the proper order and on the proper day. The plugins make sure that today's post is on the front page of the site plus it puts 7 days of posts in the iTunes feed and 5 days of posts in another feed for our iPhone app, which will be available in the iTunes store in about 3-4 weeks.

Anyway, wordpress asks how many posts to include in the feed and I had it set to a small number, but our plugins need to see lots of posts so as to properly filter and when I added all the Invitatory Psalms for ordinary time it caused the plugin to only see the X number of recent posts, all of which were Invitatory Psalms.

I am sure the feed has been broken since Sunday and you are the first to report a problem. Thank you sooo much!